How to clean and disinfect against COVID-19 when using FREY diagnostic devices.
Personal protective equipment and frequent hand hygiene using appropriate techniques are not enough today to effectively limit the spread of the virus. When someone coughs or sneezes, exhaled airborne aerosol droplets can settle on nearby equipment, desks and devices. Therefore, the virus can be infected by touching infected surfaces or objects followed by touching the eyes, mouth or nose.
The World Health Organization (WHO) pays special attention to maintaining hygiene of flat surfaces, devices such as smartphones, tablets and computers. This especially applies to medical facilities such as hospitals, clinics and private practices. Appropriate preparation of ophthalmic practice is not a one-time activity. Take care of the surface and equipment hygiene regularly.
In accordance with local government agency recommendations, the use of face coverings to reduce the spread of disease via exhaled airborne aerosol droplets should be used during patient’s examination. FREY recommends strict observation of local and national authorities mandated cleaning and disinfection practices.
Between each patient examination, all patient and clinician interface surfaces of FREY devices, excluding AP Perimeter’s bowl, should be cleaned and disinfected using isopropyl alcohol ≥ 70% solution (IPA). FREY recommend wearing disposable gloves at all times to clean and disinfect.
FREY team has prepared special guidelines on how to effectively and safely for personnel clean devices manufactured by FREY.
- Patient should wear face covering mask to reduce the spread of disease.
- Disinfect all parts that come in contact with patient between each patient examination.
- FREY Automated Perimeter surface can be cleaned and disinfected with isopropyl alcohol (IPA) ≥ 70% solution.
- Atomizer sprayer is necessary.
- Spray until surface appears wet.
- Any drips should be gently wiped using single-use cloth towel.
- In case of cleaning any optical elements, it is necessary to use special optics dedicated material.
PERIMETERS BOWL DISINFECTION:
FREY Automated Perimeter Bowl can be disinfected, if necessary.
However only with:
- extreme caution.
- contactless, using atomizer sprayer.
- with a mist of not more than 70% isopropyl (IPA) alcohol solution.
- avoid drips form.
- any drips should be gently wiped using single-use cloth towel.
- do not rub.
- wait until Automated Perimeter Bowl dries before commencing patient examination.
DIGITAL SLIT LAMP DISINFECTION
SLIT LAMP DISINFECTION:
• Patient should wear face covering mask to reduce the spread of disease.
• Clean and disinfect Slit Lamp components that come in contact with patient between each patient examination.
• FREY Slit Lamp surface can be cleaned and disinfected with isopropyl alcohol (IPA) ≥ 70% solution.
• Atomizer sprayer is necessary.
• Spray until the surface appears wet.
• Any drips should be gently wiped using single-use cloth towel.
• In case of cleaning any optical elements, it is necessary to use special optics dedicated material.
• Do NOT use of UV-C light to sanitize the device.